Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shopping Apps: Checkpoints + Shopkick


I received a great response about the Old Navy app I posted about yesterday, so I thought I'd share a couple others with you that I have heard of (though, be aware, my experience as a smartphone owner is about four days old - so my app experience is extremely limited - but these apps come recommended by a few bloggers I trust, so I'm giving them a shot and hope you will, too!).

The two apps I wanted to share today are called Checkpoints and Shopkick (thanks, Ruth, for reminding me about this one!).  From what I gather, these apps are relatively similar.  You earn points (or kicks, depending on the app) for simply "Checking In" at a store (as in, walking into the store and clicking the appropriate button in the app) and also for finding various products on the shelves and scanning the barcodes.  You can then trade these points for tangible rewards - such as gift cards!

A few differences:
Checkpoints also gives you the ability to earn "coins" for different tasks.  You then turn in these coins to play games (quick, slot machine/scratcher-type games) to earn more points toward your reward.  From what I've seen, it may take awhile to earn rewards with this app, but if you like a scavenger hunt, you might just enjoy scouring the store to find the products to scan!

*Note, if you sign up for Checkpoints, I would really appreciate it if you use my username (Arow97) as your "Bonus Code" when registering so you can count as my referral.  If you'd prefer not to, though, that's fine :)

Shopkick awards "kicks" not only for Checking In or Scanning products, but also based on spending (in certain stores) if linked with your credit card.  Now, I'm not familiar enough with the App yet to feel comfortable linking it to my card, but it's an option, still.  Also, if you watch the CW, you can earn kicks for clicking on the app when you see commercials for certain stores.  Another primary difference for Shopkick is that they also offer deals (such as coupons for $10 off a $40 purchase or 15% off your purchase) at various stores when you check in.  So, it might be worth it to check in just for a great deal!  (Again, I just downloaded the app today so I can't give you any personal testimonies, but I'm interested to see what happens!)

*Note, this is my referral link for Shopkick, which will start you out with 50 Kicks, but if you'd rather not be a referral, you can download the App independently!

I hope you find these apps helpful or fun and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1.  


     I like Checkpoints 
    when I get easy opportunities! Being in between
    jobs has not been easy and I really enjoy doing the missions for some of the
    other guys. My favorite newbie is iPoll.
    I have it on my iPhone and my wife on her android. 



    Just yesterday, I got to do some really cool
    things for the Olympics at a local restaurant! Last week I went on a secret
    mission into a Target store and snapped a picture of a yoplait yogurt. The
    company is pretty good about catching cheaters so be careful!



    All in all I have made $480 on iPoll and but
    only points for rewards on Checkpoints.



    A couple others that I downloaded and am
    starting to use lately; Gigwalk and shop kick! Some missions, discounts, no
    real cash rewards either


    http://www.ipoll.com/go1.html

    ReplyDelete