Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sseko Sandals: FREE Shipping!


About two years ago, I first heard about Sseko Sandals and I became kind of obsessed with obtaining my first pair.  I don't tend to spend a lot on clothing, especially shoes - but these were different.  At the time I was part of an earning site which offered PayPal gift cards and I saved them religiously until I had enough for my Ssekos.  And I was one happy girl!  Sseko Sandals may not be the least expensive shoes we can find, but they are definitely worth the price!

Why do I love Ssekos?  Well, first I love their story.  These wonderfully versatile sandals are the brainchild of an American college graduate who ventured to Africa and saw a need for women to earn money to continue their education.  The company is basically a mentoring program which hires young Ugandan woman on their way to university and gives them the opportunity to not only save toward school but learn a trade, as well as business and economic basics, that will aid them in the future.  What a wonderful cause!

Then, of course, I love their style.  I love the changing selection of African designs for their straps (as well as the basic solid-colored options) and the versatility in ways to tie them so it always feels like you're wearing a different pair of shoes (my current favorite way to tie is a variation of that pictured above, in the top right).

Basically, you buy a pair of sandals, which includes one pair of straps and a leather/rubber base with five rope-style "anchors" for slipping the straps in various formations.  While the base sandal appears pricey, additional straps (giving you, essentially, an entirely different shoe - in appearance, anyway) are only $10-$15 each!  Although I now find the problem of having so many straps, I almost need another pair of sandals just so I don't have to keep changing the straps out so often - I seriously love these shoes!

And what's so great for you finding about these now?  During the month of October, in celebration of Fair Trade month, you can get FREE shipping (a $5.95 value!) on ANY order - just use the code FAIRTRADE at checkout.

Now go get your Sseko on!


(My current favorite of their African designs - these change almost monthly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment